BrightSign Powers World’s Largest Mosaic Video Wall at Miami Hotel
BrightSign collaborated with Planar Systems to create the world’s largest mosaic video wall at a luxury boutique hotel in Surfside, Florida. Nestled between Miami Beach and Bal Harbour, this luxury hotel celebrated its grand opening in November 2014, welcoming visitors who expect and demand the very best in style and technology. Catering to this discerning clientele, the hotel installed a towering four-story video wall in the reception area. Florida-based CMA was tasked with the installation, which features BrightSign digital signage media players and Planar displays.
“With a high-profile installation like this, it’s important that the deployment be artistically breathtaking with perfect synchronization and 24/7 reliability – that’s why we chose BrightSign,” said Cesar Cifuentes, founder and president of CMA. “Planar’s beautiful Mosaic displays work seamlessly with BrightSign’s players to create a finished product that perfectly complements the look of the hotel.”
Adding to the allure of the video wall is the fact that the hotel’s glass walls make the video wall visible from the street as well as the lobby. This impressive video wall brings landmark status to the hotel, helping it stand out among its peers in this stylish stretch of Florida coastline.
Industry: Lodging & Hospitality
Location: Surfside, Florida
Integrator: CMA (www.cmadigital.com)
Project: Four-story Video Wall in Luxury Boutique Hotel
- Four-story video wall in hotel reception area – the world’s largest mosaic video wall
- 20 Planar Mosaic AD55 video wall tile displays powered by 20 BrightSign XD230 digital signage media players
- Unique herringbone pattern for striking visual interest
- Luxury accommodations are commonplace in this part of Florida – innovative and striking digital signage was essential to help the hotel stand out
- It was important to eliminate all possible points of failure to ensure 24/7 uptime
- Building regulations required creative use of the video wall because the screens were visible from the street
- With a major investment made in exterior glass walls, expectations were high that the video wall would be the perfect complement to the hotel’s design
- CMA integrated the software, hardware, displays and mounts, as well as provided the installation, content development, project management and training
- BrightSign’s solid-state architecture delivers market-leading reliability with zero downtime
- Planar’s Mosaic displays bring this complex installation to life, featuring HD content on all 20 screens
- Custom content was created to meet local regulations – written content was abandoned in favor of impressive thematic underwater visuals featuring fish, turtles, scuba divers and coral reefs complete with animation
- Visual branding is noticeable not only from the hotel’s reception area, but also from the street during the day and especially at night
- Dominating video wall can change the look and feel of the entire lobby area simply by swapping in new content
- Video wall is a giant virtual canvas with endless design possibilities for future updates
BrightSign, LLC is a privately held company located in Los Gatos, California founded in 2002 by Anthony Wood, the inventor of the digital video recorder (DVR) and Roku. BrightSign is the global market leader in digital signage media players, as named by IHS in its 2013, 2014 and 2015 "Global Market for Digital Signage" research studies which report market share of all media players and PC-based signage solutions combined. BrightSign players are known for their signature reliability, affordability and ease-of-use by the commercial digital signage market worldwide.