OSM Solutions Teams with BrightSign for Digital Menu Boards in Charley’s Grilled Subs
OSM Solutions is an Austin-based integrator that offers a diverse portfolio of services, from installation to fully hosted deployments. Notable vendors regularly turn to OSM to better understand and fully harness the power of digital signage to help differentiate in highly competitive markets and ultimately drive bottom-line growth. To that end, Charley’s Grilled Subs approached OSM to begin integrating digital menu boards into flagship locations across the country.
“BrightSign’s players integrate seamlessly with the rest of the installation, and as a result we were able to deliver Charley’s Grilled Subs an affordable, reliable solution that exceeded their expectations,” said Marc Rosenberg, CEO of OSM Solutions. “Additionally, BrightSign provides support that’s unmatched in the industry today, making them the perfect partner for a project like this.”
Charley’s Grilled Subs was looking for a solution that enabled them to maintain control of menu content for the entire chain, while still allowing individual franchise owners to make pricing changes to suit their location and market. BrightSign and OSM Solutions have a longstanding partnership, and working together on this project was a natural fit. Since the initial deployment in 2010, 16 restaurants have “gone digital” with more on the way.
OSM Solutions’ work with Charley’s Grilled Subs exemplifies what is possible with players like BrightSign’s HD digital signage players – they offer a compelling combination of reliability, affordability and network capabilities. And as future installations evolve to require additional functionality such as authoring content in HTML5, BrightSign’s recently introduced portfolio of XD players is the ideal complement to even the most complex deployments.
Industry: Quick Serve Restaurants
Location: United States and select international locations
Integrator: OSM Solutions
Project: Integrate digital menu boards in Charley’s Grilled Subs restaurants
- 16 restaurants distributed globally, with more on the way
- HD210 players in legacy installations, HD220 in newer restaurants
- Digital menu boards capable of delivering HD video content
- Charley’s Grilled Subs required customization at two levels – corporate headquarters being responsible for the menu as a whole, while giving individual restaurants the ability to make pricing changes
- Menus required the delivery of HD video content – something not typical of standard digital menu boards
- Displays were a mix of landscape and portrait orientation, requiring additional customization and breadth of content for each location
- Most stores include a “point-of-purchase” board with animated vignettes that rotate in succession to showcase featured items and current offers
- Sixteen installations to-date in malls and airports across country and in select international locations
- Restaurants with between one and five 47-inch LG displays; number of screens depends on menu requirements and available space
- 5 stores have the full 5-screen array installed
- BrightSign’s players made it easy to integrate HD video content, a necessary element of the installation
- BrightSign’s trademark reliability and ease-of-use
- Streamlined process for franchise owners to log in and make pricing changes
- BrightSign’s open-source platform enabled OSM Solutions to build its own content management system – Menu Board Manager – greatly benefiting the customer and giving OSM a recurring revenue stream
BrightSign, LLC is a privately held company located in Los Gatos, California founded in 2002 by Anthony Wood, the inventor of the digital video recorder (DVR) and Roku. BrightSign is the global market leader in digital signage media players, as named by IHS in its 2013, 2014 and 2015 "Global Market for Digital Signage" research studies which report market share of all media players and PC-based signage solutions combined. BrightSign players are known for their signature reliability, affordability and ease-of-use by the commercial digital signage market worldwide.