France's Largest Retail Digital Signage Network
FNAC, France’s largest retail chain of personal computers, books and music, added an expansive digital signage network as part of the company’s ongoing commitment to provide their customers with an enhanced shopping experience. A network of 1,500+ BrightSign controllers are the vanguard of a project delivering coordinated content and stellar playback quality to some 3,000 displays at 80 of FNAC’s retail stores strategically located throughout France. At the project’s completion, as many as 4,000 BrightSign units will be installed at FNAC outlets across nine European countries.
With its extremely reliable and feature-rich solid-state media players, BrightSign has reached a milestone in the digital signage industry as it allows system integrators to offer powerful and cost- effective digital sign solutions to retailers as never before.- Michel Baronnier, CEO of TMM Communication
Integration Company: TMM Communication
Industry: Retail Chain
Location: 80 FNAC retail stores throughout France & additional outlets throughout Europe
Project: Networked digital sign displays installed across all 80 retail stores in France for in-store promotions including ticket sales, TV sales and other products.
- 1,500 BrightSign players drive more than 3,000 digital displays in 80 FNAC retail locations throughout France.
- An additional 1,500 BrightSign units have also been installed outside of France in major retail outlets throughout Europe
- The BrightSign players are all networked and managed from FNAC’s head office using BrightSign Network and a customized software interface designed by integrator TMM specifically for FNAC.
- 1080i Video and image playback
- Deliver coordinated messages to thousands of displays across the chain
- Dynamically display and update information about events or concerts with images and video clips
- Support plans to expand the network across nine countries
- Simple and reliable remote management
- Quality, integrity and reliability reinforce FNAC brand values
- Future-proofed: able to expand with network growth and support tomorrows standards-based televisions and monitors
The digital signage solution TMM designed for FNAC using BrightSign players was the recipient of the 2010 Golden Screen Award (Ecrans
BrightSign, LLC is a privately held company located in Los Gatos, California founded in 2002 by Anthony Wood, the inventor of the digital video recorder (DVR) and Roku. BrightSign is the global market leader in digital signage media players, as named by IHS in its 2013, 2014 and 2015 "Global Market for Digital Signage" research studies which report market share of all media players and PC-based signage solutions combined. BrightSign players are known for their signature reliability, affordability and ease-of-use by the commercial digital signage market worldwide.